Arrange a Consultation
Are you annoyed by frown lines on your forehead? Typically, frowning causes wrinkles and creases on your forehead!
Anti-wrinkle creams and serums may work…just make sure to avoid chemicals with fragrances.
But here is a better option, its non-invasive, painless and can be achieved in 15min!
If you’re looking to reduce forehead wrinkles, you should consider an injectable filler like Juvederm. Contact us 0121 514 2385 for a free consultation in our botox Birmingham skin clinic to find out if botox or dermal fillers are right for you.
What Causes Frown Lines On Forehead
Frown lines on forehead are caused by a repeated contraction of the muscles of the forehead, especially those at the corners of the eyebrows. In turn, the muscle contraction causes the fine wrinkles across this part of your face to deepen.
Frown lines can also be caused by other things. Sometimes frown lines can be caused by aging, sun exposure, or repeated movement of the muscles in your face. Frown lines can appear without other signs of aging. However, if you have many frown lines when you’re young, chances are good that you will develop more as you get older. The majority of people develop frown lines by their mid-30’s, but it is possible to develop them earlier if you tend to frown often.
So what is Botox doing that the others don’t?
Botox creates a smooth surface by paralyzing the muscles underneath. The way it works is dramatic but simple. By injecting it into the forehead prevents those muscles from contracting. This makes the skin above them lose its characteristic folds and creases.
Some of the different products work in different ways; for instance, some paralyze only the muscle fibers directly under the skin (to create what’s called a “dynamic wrinkle”), while others prevent the whole muscle group from contracting (to create what’s called a “static wrinkle”). Some also include ingredients that stimulate collagen production, creating an extra smoothing effect.
The easiest way to have beautiful smooth skin around your eyes is to keep the muscles around your eyes relaxed at all times. If you want to get rid of or reduce frown lines on forehead, here’s what you should do:
- Never pull or scrunch up your forehead and eyebrows. Frowning will automatically lead to wrinkling of forehead and frown lines.
- Try not to look angry by keeping a neutral expression on your face most of the time. When you talk, don’t furrow your brow too much; keep it relaxed and pull back your eyebrows slightly.
- Avoid getting dehydrated by drinking plenty of water (8 glasses a day). Dehydration will make your skin on forehead sag and wrinkle. Drinking plenty of water will also help with wrinkles on cheeks and smile lines, but this article focuses on wrinkles on forehead.
- Stay relaxed – don’t worry too much and try to avoid stress as much as possible. Worrying will tighten up your facial muscles and cause wrinkles on forehead and around eyes.
- Try to get enough sleep at night so that you wake up.
Book a Free Skin Consultation
With me, Doctor Majid Shah at our Birmingham Clinic in the West Midlands. With over 4,000 successful skin treatments around the UK, I guarantee through innovative techniques you’ll get the results you want! look better, feel better, and live better.
Wrinkle lines can be corrected through filler injections. The injected material is used to lift up or replace some lost fat and collagen, as well as smoothing out the wrinkle lines.
By our mid-twenties, most of us have started to develop lines between our eyebrows. Wrinkles usually appear earlier in women than in men and these lines grow deeper with time. Unfortunately, wrinkles that form early can lead to premature aging.
When injected into the muscles lining your forehead, botox blocks certain nerve signals from being transmitted to the brain. This prevents the contraction of these muscles, hence preventing them from pulling down on your skin and forming frown lines.